Agape Therapeutic Health Services (www.agapetherapeutic.com – the “Site”) is owned and operated by Kent Smith. Kent Smith is the data protection officer/data controller/owner and can be contacted through the feedback form available on this Site.
Effective Date: 26 April 2021
This Site is subject to the Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). PIPA is a Province of British Columbia legislative act and the GDPR is a regulation in EU law. Both are concerned with data protection and privacy of personal information of clients, prospects or employees.
- The personal data we will collect.
- Use of collected data.
- Who has access to the data collected.
- The rights of Site users.
For users in the European Union, we adhere to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”). For users in the United Kingdom, we adhere to the GDPR as enshrined in the Data Protection Act 2018.
By using this Site users agree that they provide written consent to:
- To having read the Client Consent Package.
- The Terms and Conditions (Disclaimer) governing the use of this Site.
When the legal basis for us processing your personal data is that you have provided your consent to that processing, you may withdraw your consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, it will not make processing which we completed before you withdrew your consent unlawful.
You can withdraw your consent by contacting the data controller through the feedback form of available on this Site.
Legal Basis for Processing
We collect and process personal data about users in the EU only when we have a legal basis for doing so under article 6 of the GDPR.
- Users have provided their consent to the processing of their data for one or more specific purposes;
- Processing of user personal data is necessary for us to take, at the request of a user, steps before entering a contract or for the performance of a contract to which a user is a party. If a user does not provide the personal data necessary to perform a contract the consequences are as follows: The free consultation and/or other services cannot be provided to the client; and
- Processing of user personal data is necessary for us to comply with the legal obligation. If a user does not provide the personal data necessary for us to perform a legal obligation the consequences are as follows: The user will not receive any of the services offered through the Site without the completed and signed informed consent paperwork.
Personal Data We Collect
Data Collected Automatically
When you visit and use this Site, we may automatically collect and store the following information:
- IP address.
- Hardware and software details.
- Clicked links.
- Content viewed.
Data Collected on a Non-Automatic Way
A health history and informed consent is required for clients to receive any of the services offered through this Site. In order to achieve this, we collect the following information through a secure digital e-signature portal:
- First and last name.
- Age or date of birth.
- Phone number.
- Email address.
- Health history.
How We Use Personal Data
The data we collect automatically is used for:
- Webpage statistics and SEO analytics.
The non-automatic collected data is used for:
- To communicate session results as well as providing adequate details to create focused objectives for individual sessions and/or a series of sessions.
Who We Share Personal Data With
Agape Therapeutic Health Services does not sell or share user data with other third parties, except in the flowing cases:
- If the law requires it.
- If it is required for any legal proceeding, at which point the user data will only be released upon receiving a formal written request signed by the user.
- To prove or protect our legal rights.
If you follow hyperlinks from this Site to another website, please note that We are not responsible for and have no control over their privacy policies and practices.
Viewing by Others
Note that whenever you voluntarily submit a testimony, a story, a blog post, or social media post it may be seen, collected and used by others, and therefore, we cannot be responsible for any unauthorized or improper use of the information that you voluntarily share.
How Long We Store User Data
User data will be stored for the minimum amount of time necessary to provide you with the information and/or services that you requested through the Site. We may retain user data for longer periods of time, if necessary, for legal, contractual and accounting obligations.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
To protect your security, we use the strongest available browser encryption and store all user data on Canadian based servers in secure facilities and locations. All data is only accessible to the owner/data controller.
While we take all reasonable precautions to ensure that user data is secure and that users are protected, there always remains the risk of harm. The Internet as a whole can be insecure at times and therefore we are unable to guarantee the security of user data beyond what is reasonably practical.
Your Rights as a User
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- Right to be informed.
- Right to access.
- Right to rectification.
- Right to erasure.
- Right to restrict processing.
- Right to data portability.
- Right to object.
The minimum age to use this Site is 18 years of age. We only collect the personal data of children under 18 years of age with the written consent of a parent or legal guardian. This consent is collected through a secure digital e-signature portal.
How to Access, Modify, Delete, or Challenge the Data Collected
If you would like to know how we have used your personal data, if we have disclosed your personal data and to who we disclosed your personal data, if you would like your data to be deleted or modified in any way, or if you would like to exercise any of your rights under the GDPR or PIPA, please contact the data protection officer/data controller through the feedback form available on this Site.
Do Not Track Notice
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that you can set in certain web browsers. We do not track the users of this Site over time and across third party websites and therefore do not respond to browser-initiated DNT signals.
How to Opt-Out of Marketing Emails
In addition to the method described in the How to Access, Modify, Delete, or Challenge the Data Collected section, you can opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing emails. You can opt-out by clicking “unsubscribe” on the bottom of any marketing email or contact the data protection officer/data controller through the feedback form available on this Site.
A cookie is a small file, stored on a user’s hard drive by a website. It’s purpose is to collect data relating to the user’s browsing habits. You are given the choice to accept or reject cookies on our Site and you can even disable cookies entirely in your internet browser, but this may diminish the quality of your user experience.
We use the following types of cookies on this Site:
- Functional cookies are used to remember the selections you make on and are saved for your next visits.
- Analytical cookies allow us to improve the design and functionality of the Site by collecting data on how you access this Site, for example data on the content you access, how long you stay on the Site etc.
If you have any complaints about how we process your personal data, please contact the data protection officer through this Site.